The business showcase will gather Fortune 500 executives as well as investors from North and Latin America, Europe, Africa and the Caribbean to highlight 16 of the most promising startups in the Caribbean.
TechBeach, the Caribbean Diaspora’s leading tech entrepreneurial ecosystem and startup accelerator, today announced it will be hosting its TBR LAB Startup Demo Day on Wednesday, June 22nd at 2 pm EST. Held virtually for participant safety, TBR LAB will feature 13 startups from its Cohort 3 program, representing founders from 8 different Caribbean countries. The startups are all tech-enabled and range from a variety of industries including edtech, ecommerce, hospitality, fintech, proptech, insurtech, media and more.
The TBR LAB Demo Day is a startup showcase presenting emerging high growth, tech and tech-enabled companies located in or focused on the Caribbean and the Caribbean Diaspora. Each of the participating startups are provided 5 minutes to pitch to an audience of key stakeholders, tech enthusiasts, angel investors, venture funds, fellow entrepreneurs and industry experts. The event is the culmination of TBR LAB’s 10 week accelerator program, an immersive entrepreneurial education program in which each of the startups was provided with insightful content and a global community as well as resources and tools to support their growth in the digital economy.
Participating startups include:
- Beaudire - A mobile application that helps customers quickly and easily find and book beauty services with local beauty professionals using a service based search feature.
- Frubipay - Frubipay aims to provide every business within the OECS and wider Caribbean the ability to accept payments online and the tools to manage and market their businesses in a simple and effective platform.
- Iteneri - The event experience platform designed to help connect event attendees socially to deliver improved event experiences.
- Konnect The Kids - A multi-media educational record platform, administrative dashboard and learning environment providing accredited, digitally-transformed curriculums and textbooks to students for less than a dollar a day.
- Keepingly - A platform that provides homeowners with a centralized hub to manage and maintain 100% digital record of all home documents, maintenance records, and capital projects completed over time.
- MyLifePlans - MyLifePlans helps individuals prepare comprehensive, legally binding estate plans and wills for a fifth of what a lawyer would charge.
- Now My Selectah (NMS) - NMS allows users to create their very own personalized playlist curated specifically for their occasion. All the benefits of a top DJ at your event, without the logistical headache.
- oDeliver - An on-demand logistics service provider designed to provide retail businesses a turnkey delivery solution through API integration and access to oDeliver's management portal.
- Penny Pinch - A regulated money services business (MSB) that offers a mobile-first alternative to money management and spending enabling the 'banked' and 'underbanked' to open a mobile wallet account within minutes and have access to a range of merchant, bill payment, P2P, and remittance services.
- RentMyTutor - The Caribbean’s premier online digital learning platform that provides 1-to-1 tutoring services and courses to learners who seek academic success in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
- Rvffian - A male-care brand boosting Black mens' self image and confidence by providing high-quality beard-care tools, products, education, and services to the community.
- Zipo - The #1 marketplace to find professional, vetted service industry professionals. We've launched in Trinidad & Tobago with plans to expand throughout the Caribbean.
- ZRISE - A creator marketplace that connects brands and businesses to the ideal content creator for any project or campaign.
TBR LAB emerged in January 2021 as a partnership between TechBeach, the Inter-American Development Bank and world-class accelerator program, the DMZ. With a mission of being the Caribbean’s first pure tech accelerator program, TBR LAB furthers TechBeach’s vision to radically transform the digital landscape of the Caribbean and surrounding emerging markets through a comprehensive ecosystem approach. Since its inception TBR LAB startups have collectively raised in excess of US $50M and are quickly becoming catalysts for economic growth and job creation.
“We’re laying the foundation for the growth of technology companies that are solving problems for the region and ones that are scalable globally. We’re truly excited about the change that's happening” says TechBeach Co-Founder Kyle Maloney.
Register for TBR LAB Cohort 3 Demo Day at https://tbrlab.typeform.com/TBRLABDemoDay3
For more about TechBeach, TBR LAB or Demo Day, please visit TechBeach.net and https://techbeach.net/pages/tbr-demoday-3