Updated September 2, 2019
– the Conference
– the Conference websites and their related subdomains including those pertaining to registration for attendance at the Conference and to be a volunteer at the Conference;
– the Conference apps;
– online surveys relating to the Conference;
– messages sent via the Conference support portal; and
– the Conference official social media channels.
Personal information processed in connection with the Services is controlled by TechBeach Retreat
When we provide the Services, we collect and receive information in several different ways. In many cases, you choose what information to provide, although some information is required for us to provide you the Services.
2.1 Directly from you, or approved third parties.
We collect a variety of information from you when you provide it to us directly, when we request it from you, or when you give us permission to get it from a third party source.
– Attendee registration information. When you register to attend a Conference, you may provide us with basic information such as name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth. We also give you the option to provide additional information.
– Volunteer registration information. When you register to volunteer at a Conference, you may provide us with basic information such as name, address, email address, telephone number, and date of birth. We also give you the option to provide additional information.
– Payment and credit card information. When purchasing tickets to attend a Conference, you must provide us with your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card, debit card or bank information. This information will only be shared with third parties such as our ticketing partner or gateway, or Stripe, who perform tasks required to complete the purchase transaction.
– Conference app profile information. To attend a Conference, you may become required to download a Conference app. You will have the option of providing us with additional profile information in the Conference app, such as name and email address, and whether you want your profile information to be discoverable within the app by other attendees and partners of the Conference. Certain profile information may be included on our Featured Attendees page
– Conference survey responses. We may ask you to participate in optional surveys regarding your experience at the Conference in order to help us improve the event and for related commercial purposes.
– Third party social media accounts. If you choose to connect your social media account(s) with the Conference app, we may receive certain information from that account, such as your title, picture, and other information you authorize. We may use your friends or connections lists to make recommendations in the Conference app, for example to suggest mutual connections.
– Call recordings. We may contact you for the purposes of sales, investment, or in the context of your past or future attendance at or participation in a Conference. In certain cases, we may record such calls for our legitimate interests in staff training and development.
2.2 From your browser or device.
We automatically collect certain information from your browser or device when you use certain Services or read a message from us. For example, we collect data regarding the device you are using, such as its unique identifier and operating system; logs will be recorded by our servers based on the information sent from your app or browser; and information may be recorded by cookies and similar technologies when you use the Services.
2.3 From public sources.
We also collect publicly available information from your social media accounts, such as the number of followers you have on your Instagram account.
We use your information in order to provide, operate, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services, including:
3.1 Providing and improving the requested Services. We use your personal information as necessary to run the Conference, such as to register attendees, issue tickets, facilitate information sharing with partners with whom you have consented for us to share information, and provide you with relevant connections and content during the Conference based on this information and your use of the Conference app.
3.2 Communicating with you. We use your personal information to contact you regarding your registration to attend, volunteer or speak at a Conference, to notify you of any changes to our policies and practices, for commercial, sales or investment purposes, and to respond to any requests or inquiries you may submit to us. If you subscribe to marketing, such as newsletters, we will use your information as described below. We may collect information from these communications to improve our Services and for the training and development of our staff.
3.3 Marketing. If you opt-in to receiving marketing communications from us, we will use your personal information for outreach and marketing, such as to send you information about our future Conferences and to exhibit attending companies. You can opt-out of these communications by using the unsubscribe links in our communications or by changing your Conference app settings. We may also use your information in order to market the Conferences.
3.4 Advertising. We use your personal information to be able to show you advertising on other websites.
– when necessary to perform the Terms & Conditions or to provide you with the Services;
– where you have consented to the processing, which you may revoke at any time;
– when necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise and defend legal claims;
– when necessary to protect your vital interests, or those of others, such as in the case of an emergency;
– where you have made the information manifestly public;
– where necessary in the public interest; and
– where necessary for the purposes of our, your, or a third party’s legitimate interests, such as those of partners or other attendees or volunteers.